Developer – Data Warehouse (SQL server 2016 – Azure), IaaS, PaaS, Microsoft, SSMS
An experienced developer is needed to:
Work on the continuous development Data Warehouse (SQL server 2016, which is deployed on Azure)
Onboard 100+ datasets into the National Data Warehouse and refine these to meet user needs.
The Programme has been established with the aim of providing the business with ‘a single source of the truth’.
The Data Warehouse is SQL server 2016 based service and consists of a number of database servers deployed in the Azure cloud environment.
Our current requirements framework has identified over 100 datasets that need to be onboard to meet user needs.
Key Skills / Experience
- Have extensive Microsoft Azure experience, particularly with reference to data warehouse architecture (IaaS and PaaS).
- Have extensive database development experience using SSMS 2014 or higher.
- Have extensive ETL development/deployment experience using SSIS 2014 or higher.
- Have data modelling / validation experiences.
- Have extensive DBA skills (server management, SQL jobs management, scheduling, scaling, backup / restore, security, account management /
- permissions, server objects, replication)
- Have extensive Azure DevOps process automation experience.
- Have BI tools (particularly Tableau / PowerBI) experience.
- Have experience of different flavors of SQL (MySQL, Postgres, etc).
- Have extensive experience of PowerShell.
- Have extensive experience of source control (preferably Git).
- Have experience of collaboration tools (e.g. MS Teams / Slack / JIRA).
- Have experience of working and consulting on Agile methods.
- Communicate effectively, with a friendly, approachable manner.
- Collaborate with /challenge/assist HEE staff to identify, develop and deploy best practice approaches to data warehousing, DevOps and Agile.
- Work using our own agile project management approach, taking independent responsibility for significant work.
- Assess analysts’ abilities to conduct their own onboarding activities, configuring jobs and automation, identifying suitable data sets and providing training as appropriate.
- Support process design and maintain documentation, including training manuals/user guidance.
- Work within a healthcare domain with an awareness of maintaining confidentiality and implementing data protection legislation/information governance requirements.
- Identify and manage/report risks.